Apparel Technical Designer
Ripple Junction, one of the largest and most successful purveyors of licensed apparel in the world, is currently looking for an Apparel Technical Designer to join its growing team. The Apparel Technical Designer is primarily responsible for creating tech packs based on customer needs, and working with the apparel sourcing staff to provide manufacturers with garment specifications and fabrication instructions.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames, handle constructive criticism from others with objectivity, and adapt effectively to changing plans and priorities.
Candidate must be available to work Monday - Friday in Cincinnati, OH.
Ripple Junction was started in 1992 and works regularly with such major studios as Warner Bros., Fox, NBC Universal Studios, Paramount and Viacom, and has been named to License Magazine's Top 100 Global Licensees list ten years running.
To learn more about Ripple Junction please visit: www.ripplejunction.com
This position offers the opportunity for professional growth, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, holidays, and a company matched 401k, all in a fast-paced and fun work environment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Apparel Technical Designer is responsible for creating new garment specifications, modifying current specs if needed, and assuring the overall quality of Ripple Junction’s apparel designs. The designer will work with the sales and merchandising teams to ensure that the customer needs are met, and keep track of approved customer fit requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generation of apparel tech packs for Ripple Junction’s men’s and women’s development lines.
- Recommends suitable fabrics, trims, and construction of all garments.
- Reviews prototypes.
- Grading of all garments. Submission of garments to customers for fit review.
- Regular communication with the sourcing department, customer fit teams, design team and approvals team on the status of projects.
- Works to keep product development project timing in line with product development roadmap and sales needs.
- Creates new apparel silhouettes per customer needs.
- Organizes, numbers, and photographs new fashion blanks for use by the graphic design team.
- Communicates changes to vendors and works to resolve any design changes needed.
- Fashion trend forecasting including color, silhouette and graphic applications for upcoming seasons
- Assists in the maintenance and growth of the sample library.
We are seeking a results oriented self-starter with the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or certification in Apparel Design, Garment Engineering, or Technical Design with 3+ years’ experience in the apparel industry in a technical design role.
- A background in fashion design and consumer products, and MS Office experience.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Please submit a complete resume and salary requirements. Interested candidates should include their resume and portfolio samples with their submission. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
This position offers the opportunity for professional growth, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, holidays and a company matched 401k, all in a fast-paced and fun work environment.
No relocation expenses will be paid in conjunction with this open position.
Interested candidates should submit resume and compensation requirements to: