Graphic Designer - Mid Tier/Mass
The Graphic Designer is responsible for generating graphics, product concepts, presentations, and communicating design specifications.
Key performance objectives in order of priority are:
- Works consistently to supply graphics for apparel that keep up with the changing needs of our mid-tier/mass customers such as Target, Walmart, Gap, and Old Navy.
- Creates and generates on-trend and marketable accessories that maintain Ripple Junction’s position as a leader in the licensed products industry.
- Assists in seasonal program development. Tailor presentations for specific customers and licensors that showcase our unique design capabilities and our viability as a retail partner or licensee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates original graphic designs for various licensed and non-licensed tees and accessories.
- Utilizes provided licensor style guides and adheres to licensor style guide requirements when designing.
- Generates licensed design elements to supplement provided style guide materials.
- Researches and applies graphic, fashion, pop-culture trends, and printing techniques to apparel and accessories.
- Adheres to department file organization. Generates style numbers and adheres to item number processes.
- Participates in design critique meetings. Brainstorms ideas for new graphics. Clearly communicate with production and approvals staff to design within specifications and in order to achieve desired final product.
- Generates presentations for sales teams and licensors:
- Conducts research to gather design and verbiage ideas for licenses we have or are pursuing.
- Develops original graphics in line with presentation aesthetic goals.
- Builds presentation materials.
- Researches license-specific quotes to incorporate into design concepts.
- Stays abreast of pop-culture licenses, apparel and accessory market trends.
- Researches and suggests new License properties and/or product ideas that may be viable to our product line.
- Assists with the general organization and cleanliness of the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the employee to communicate verbally, hear at a conversation level, use vision for depth perception and use color vision to distinguish between basic shades and colors. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent will continuously (67-100% time on
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will continuously (67-100% time on job) be required to work indoors in an office environment.
1. Experience: Knowledge of pop culture, including movies, T.V. and mid-tier/mass store trends. A working knowledge of apparel trends and licensed products that are currently on the market. A focus on women’s fashion graphic trends is a plus. The ability to decipher which and products will be marketable to specific customers and contribute to design critiques. Strong design aesthetics, sketching and typography skills. Must be fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Office programs. 2-3 years previous design experience, licensed products and web graphics experience is preferred.
2. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, or equivalent experience required.
Interested applicants can apply by clicking on the following link: