IT Support Specialist
Ripple Junction, one of the most successful and respected apparel design companies, is currently looking for an IT Support Specialist. In this role, you will lead internal support efforts for all IT infrastructure components and participate in the development of long-term IT strategy to support continued growth.
- Administers manages and supports network servers and all related technology including the telephone system. Ensures necessary updates are installed and regular maintenance is performed on a timely basis.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses network connectivity issues and coordinates resolutions.
- Administers desktop workstations and desktop applications, configuring new workstations for new hires and as part of the desktop replacement schedule.
- Manages all tickets or issues submitted by Ripple Junction staff in relation to desktop hardware, standard software, and connectivity issues, and coordinates resolution with software vendors when needed.
- Establishes and enforces network security policies, maintains the firewall, VPN, and email filtering.
- Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures for IT infrastructure usage.
- Maintains up-to-date backups of data and implement a disaster recovery plan for the entire IT infrastructure; ensures plan is maintained and tested.
- Researches and purchases IT related hardware, software, and tools and maintain records of transactions. Follows up on warranty claims as necessary.
- Maintains yearly renewal schedule for hardware, software, and domain service contracts and ensures renewals are executed in a timely manner.
- Participates in the recommendation and selection of IT solutions and strategies.
- Serves as a key player on strategic projects related to IT infrastructures, such as virtualization of servers, SharePoint Implementation, migration to Offices 365, or other projects as they arise.
- Assists in the testing of system integrations, such as system integrations between the ERP and Ecommerce systems, as needed.
- College degree or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Five years of experience in an IT support role.
- Experience with Microsoft server, Exchange, and network administration. Specific experience with Microsoft SBS 2011 a plus.
- Experience with Oracle and Filemaker is a plus.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization to understand their needs and train them on solutions.
- Technical understanding of enterprise and the web-based systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to creative problem-solving.
Please submit resumes to: