Ripple Junction is looking to add a full time Credit Manager to our band of quirks. The right person will be responsible for establishing, documenting, implementing and maintaining the credit policies and procedures. This includes the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of credit worthiness of potential customers. This position will manage the chargeback process and will quickly resolve outstanding claims. Will also have responsibility and provide oversight for the accounts receivable function.
A Day in the Life
- Manages the credit approval and collection processes, balancing the competing needs of risk mitigation and sales growth
- Manage Open Chargebacks’, dispute and prepare scorecard to be used as training tool.
- Analyze new and existing customer’s credit worthiness and collectability risks.
- Coordinate the daily reconciliation of accounts receivable payments and cash receipts.
- Monitor the AR aging report to determine potential payment issues and follow up for resolution.
- Complete or oversee the analysis, reconciliation, and collection of customer accounts.
- Manage, provide resolution, and collect outstanding invoices from past due accounts and chargebacks.
- Ensure visibility of uncollected and delinquent client funds among accounting, sales and operations department.
- Manage credit insurance to ensure proper coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned by company management.
*Note that all are essential duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management.
- Five years of combined experience in AR, collections and/or a credit role
- Strong Microsoft and Excel skills, ability to learn new computer systems quickly
Nice to Haves
- License, apparel and/or pop culture experience
- Energetic, detail oriented, able to adhere to deadlines
- Strong communication skills for negotiation and reconciliation
- Excellent analytic skills with a natural tendency to use data in decision making and prioritization
- Brings a continuous improvement mindset with an eye towards scalability of processes
- Strong critical thinker with the ability to work both tactically and strategically
Why Ripple Junction?
At Ripple Junction our vision is to consistently bring joy to pop culture fans—and that joy starts in our employees. We offer a competitive benefit program, growth and development,
discounted merchandise and more. Ripple believes in the value of each employee and it is reflected in our one of a kind environment. Product or potluck—we work, grow and succeed together.
About Ripple Junction
Creating since 1992, Ripple Junction began as two guys with a van full of shirts at a Grateful Dead show. Today, we’re a leading designer and developer of licensed merchandise for globally recognized brands. For over 20 years we have been driven by passion and purpose. Ripple Junction is one of the most successful purveyors of licensed apparel and merchandise in the United States. We create a wide-range of top-quality products that appeal to the fans of our extensive roster of licensed properties, while generating strong sales for our numerous retail partners.
We believe in quality, creative products and a commitment to celebrating film, television, rock & roll, anime, science fiction, video games, and everything pop culture. Ripple Junction’s team of imaginative pop culture fanatics create the planet’s most awesome t-shirts and officially licensed products. We are armed with a passion for all thing’s movies, television, anime, music, video games, and pop culture. And we’re fans first. “Make rad” was the idea that Ripple Junction was born out of - now it’s our life’s work.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Hours 45-50 based on business demands
Click HERE to apply for this opportunity