CFO - Chief Financial Officer
As our rapid growth continues, Ripple Junction is looking to add a full time CFO to our band of quirks. The right person will be responsible self-directed and experienced CFO to oversee all financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in working closely with the senior leadership team leading an accounting team.
We are seeking an individual who thrives on building effective business relationships, has a customer-driven focus and strong follow up skills. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, and have an unquenchable desire to succeed, you are right for our team.
A Day in the Life
The controller will be primarily responsible for overseeing and managing the accounting department while focusing on budgets, financial forecasting and developing/executing strategy and key initiatives.
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Direct financial planning and budgeting across departments in conjunction with senior leadership team. Aid department leaders in developing a financial plan that will maximize their resources.
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Execute annual companywide physical inventories
- Communicate financial metrics to senior leadership team
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
Supervision, Hiring and Training
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting Department which includes accounts receivable, accounts payable, budget, royalties and payroll. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Build the guiding vision and lead the accounting team with insights, clear strategies, and articulated tactics
*Note that all are essential duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- CPA designation
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Retail experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
- Understanding of database systems, data, and data schemas that drive analytics
- The ability to drive and support change management
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience in the design and implementation of business process improvement is strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen, interpersonal skills, a high level of motivation, and a self-directed mindset is required.
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively formulate, present and advance business proposals to a wide variety of audiences, including executive leadership
- An advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SQL, and various programming languages
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements. CFO must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication.
- Must be flexible and willing to work long, irregular hours when needed. The business changes quickly and may require quick changes in the strategy. Must be able to adapt quickly and rethink direction at any time.
Why Ripple Junction?
At Ripple Junction our vision is to consistently bring joy to pop culture fans—and that joy starts in our employees. We offer a competitive benefit program, growth and development, discounted merchandise and more. Ripple believes in the value of each employee and it is reflected in our one of a kind environment. Product or potluck—we work, grow and succeed together.
About Ripple Junction
Creating since 1992, Ripple Junction began as two guys with a van full of shirts at a Grateful Dead show. Today, we’re a leading designer and developer of licensed merchandise for globally recognized brands. For over 20 years we have been driven by passion and purpose. Ripple Junction is one of the most successful purveyors of licensed apparel and merchandise in the United States. We create a wide range of top-quality products that appeal to the fans of our extensive roster of licensed properties, while generating strong sales for our numerous retail partners.
We believe in quality, creative products and a commitment to celebrating film, television, rock & roll, anime, science fiction, video games, and everything pop culture. Ripple Junction’s team of imaginative pop culture fanatics create the planet’s most awesome t-shirts and officially licensed products. We are armed with a passion for all things movies, television, anime, music, video games, and pop culture. And we’re fans first. “Make rad” was the idea that Ripple Junction was born out of - now it’s our life’s work.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Seniority Level: Senior
Reports to: President
Date: June 2019
Click HERE to apply for this opportunity!