Ripple Junction is looking to add a full time Graphic Designer to our band of quirks. The right person will be able to stay abreast of pop culture licenses, apparel and accessory market trends and also coordinate with product development teams through style execution. Using their creative know-how and pop-culture savvy, the Graphic Designer will deliver top notch designs against tight deadlines. This member of the expanding team will also be able to balance their wealth of imagination with the organization and attention to detail necessary to create unique products that adhere to licensing guidelines.
A Day in the Life
- Creates original graphic designs for various licensed and non-licensed tees and accessories.
- Creates and generates on-trend and marketable accessories and/or apparel that maintain Ripple Junction’s position as a leader in the licensed products industry.
- Assists in seasonal program development. Tailor presentations for specific customers and licensors that showcase our unique design capabilities and our viability as a retail partner or licensee.
- Utilizes provided licensor style guides and adheres to licensor style guide requirements when designing.
- Generates licensed design elements to supplement provided style guide materials.
- Researches and applies graphic, fashion, pop-culture trends, and printing techniques to apparel and accessories.
- Adheres to department file organization. Generates style numbers and adheres to item number processes.
- Participates in design critique meetings. Brainstorms ideas for new graphics. Clearly communicate with production and approvals staff to design within specifications and in order to achieve desired final product.
- Conducts research to gather design and verbiage ideas for licenses we have or are pursuing.
- Develops original graphics in line with presentation aesthetic goals.
- Builds presentation materials.
- Researches license-specific quotes to incorporate into design concepts.
- Stays abreast of pop-culture licenses, apparel and accessory market trends.
- Researches and suggests new License properties and/or product ideas that may be viable to our product line.
- Assists with the general organization and cleanliness of the department.
*Note that all are essential duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Commercial Art or related field
- Two plus years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in the field, including a broad knowledge of screen printing and color separations
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and general knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office.
Nice to Haves
- Licensing and pop culture experience
- Graphic design within the retail industry
- Industry experience not exclusive to freelance work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Strong understanding of the design and trend life cycle and ability to communicate milestones with team.
- Self-starter with ability to function independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Process-oriented with a proactive approach to problem solving
Why Ripple Junction?
At Ripple Junction our vision is to consistently bring joy to pop culture fans—and that joy starts in our employees. We offer a competitive benefit program, growth and development, discounted merchandise and more. Ripple believes in the value of each employee and it is reflected in our one of a kind environment. Product or potluck—we work, grow and succeed together.
About Ripple Junction
Creating since 1992, Ripple Junction began as two guys with a van full of shirts at a Grateful Dead show. Today, we’re a leading designer and developer of licensed merchandise for globally recognized brands. For over 20 years we have been driven by passion and purpose. Ripple Junction is one of the most successful purveyors of licensed apparel and merchandise in the United States. We create a wide-range of top-quality products that appeal to the fans of our extensive roster of licensed properties, while generating strong sales for our numerous retail partners.
We believe in quality, creative products and a commitment to celebrating film, television, rock & roll, anime, science fiction, video games, and everything pop culture. Ripple Junction’s team of imaginative pop culture fanatics create the planet’s most awesome t-shirts and officially licensed products. We are armed with a passion for all things movies, television, anime, music, video games, and pop culture. And we’re fans first. “Make rad” was the idea that Ripple Junction was born out of - now it’s our life’s work.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Seniority Level: Mid-Tier
Click Here to Apply!