Product Development Coordinator
The Product Development Coordinator contributes to the development and production process by assisting the Product Development and Sourcing Manager in coordinating the placement, execution and follow-up of new styles with overseas vendors and by ensuring the timely delivery of such goods. The Product Development Coordinator will also be responsible for maintaining the sample library.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To successfully meet the performance objectives of the position, an individual must be able to successfully perform each essential duty. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary. This position requires regular and predictable on-site attendance.
- Daily communications with overseas manufacturers and production offices.
- Process all Data entry into our A2000 system- Including style set up, and creating and maintaining style master throughout the development process.
- Track samples and material requests and approvals. Responsible for follow-up on all product specifications, quality standards, lab dips, sample deadlines, and deliveries.
- Track, prep and distribute salesman samples to sales team (e.g. steam, tag).
- Maintain in house sample lines for reference.
- Measure & prepare fit samples for fit sessions.
- Assist Product Development and Sourcing Manager on projects as needed.
- Seeking a person with the desire to learn and grow with the company.
- Partner with Import Production Coordinator to finalize style requirements as they move into production.
- Complies with policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Responsible for complying with safety policies and maintaining a safe work environment by reporting any accident/injuries, safety violations, and potential safety hazards within the company that carry a possible threat to the health and safety of our team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit and Stand - Must be able to remain in a stationary sitting or standing position throughout the day.
- Use of hands and fingers to constantly operate computer and office machinery.
- Talk and Hear - Must be able to accurately communicate and exchange information.
- Degree in merchandising, design, or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the apparel industry working directly with overseas factories or vendors.
- Self-starter with ability to function independently as well as in a team based environment.
- Excellent written & communication skills and necessary follow through.
- Great attention to details and deadlines with exceptional organizational skills.
- Sharp eye for design, detail, and style.
- Strong understanding of apparel construction and development process.
- Process-oriented with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should submit resume and compensation requirements to: