Production Artist / Screen-Print Separator
The Production Artist / Screen-print Separator is responsible for creating color separations and for facilitating the sampling of printed goods by collaborating with designers and Ripple Junction’s screen-print vendors. The job will focus on preparing seps and production files for printing, in order to ensure that all images, color, text and layout are accurate and error-free.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create color separations and communicate print expectations to screen-print vendors.
- Collaborates with the design and sales teams to ensure that the production files properly communicate design intent.
- Works with the License Approvals team to ensure pre-production art is accurate and meets the expectations of the licensor, customer, and Ripple Junction. Oversees the quality of printed graphics and samples from vendors and advises on necessary changes needed to ensure product success.
- Creates color separations that reflect the correct color, size, and ink uses. Advises print vendor on best methods for achieving satisfactory results.
- Creates production files consisting of the product’s specifications and details for construction including art size, color, print method, labeling requirements, and licensor or customer requirements.
- Works with the Purchasing team to prioritize workload according to current business needs.
- Collaborates with Purchasing team to supply Ripple Junction’s vendors with all the information and reference materials needed for sample success.
- Assures the creation of quality pre-production samples to be sent for Licensor approval.
- Works with additional separation vendors to ensure accurate color and print detail of screen-printed art.
- Works to update production art files in-house to reflect the most recent licensor regulations.
- Coordinates with the screenprint vendors to address any questions that arise, providing print approvals and directing any on-press adjustments needed to ensure the product meets quality and design expectations.
- Conducts initial quality check when products arrive at the warehouse and works with the Creative Director to fix any quality issues that arise.
- Assists with the creation of art for Pad-Print labels that accurately reflect the instructions provided by the purchasing team. • Assists with photography of finished products when needed.
- Coordinates with Ripple Junction’s direct to garment print partners to generate pre-production and sales samples when needed.
- Other duties may include: Presentation needs, marketing materials and trade show booth preparation needs; assisting in general department upkeep and organization.
- Experience: Two plus years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in the field, including a broad knowledge of screen printing and color separations. Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and general knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Commercial Art or related field preferred.
This position offers the opportunity for professional growth, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, holidays and a company matched 401k, all in a fast-paced and fun work environment.
No relocation expenses will be paid in conjunction with this open position.
Interested candidates should submit resume and compensation requirements to: https://rippletest.wufoo.com/forms/z1m7ni3u06cg6rm/