The Sales Assistant is responsible for supporting the sales staff in many different areas including administrative support, interfacing with other departments, and assisting in sales presentations and sample requests. The Sales Assistant also provides quick, knowledgeable, and friendly assistance when addressing customer questions or concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To successfully meet the performance objectives of the position, an individual must be able to successfully perform each essential duty. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Provides administrative support to the Sales Team, allowing them to focus on generating sales and increasing revenues.
- Assists Sales Team with sell sheets, graphics, presentations, or any other task that is requested.
- Accurately enters product request data via the internal art systems (HAL and WUFOO forms).
- Oversees customer sampling process, from request either via Make on Demand (MOD) or Flexi requests through delivery to the customer.
- Serves as a liaison between Sales and the Purchasing-Production Department.
- Ensures accurate product and customer information is obtained and provided for entry into the ERP system.
- Provides product details, UPCs, SKUs, design information, and customer data as required.
- Participates in Sales Meetings records action items and ensures they are completed.
- Sends periodic communications and updates to all accounts (including house accounts) to keep customers engaged with Ripple Junction and informed of new licenses, products, etc.
The performance factors described here are core abilities that will contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Self-Starting: Independently completes projects and produces desired results; requires little or no supervision to stay focused on necessary activities; proactively contributes ideas and recommends solutions.
- Communication: Communicates ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written communications.
- Flexibility: Is receptive to change and adapts quickly.
- Planning and Organization: Defines plans and organizes activities necessary to reach targeted goals; organizes and utilizes resources in ways that maximize their effectiveness.
- Attitude: Has a positive outlook and contributes to making the company a great place to work.
- Team Work: Is collaborative as a team member and accountable for contributing to the success of the team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit and Stand - Must be able to remain in a stationary sitting or standing position throughout the day.
- Use of hands and fingers to constantly operate computer and office machinery.
- Talk and Hear - Must be able to accurately communicate and exchange information.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years sales support, customer service and/or administrative or equivalent work experience.
- Reasoning Development: Ability to interpret and carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Mathematical Development: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
- Language Development: Ability to read workplace rules and procedures; prepare business letters, summaries, and reports, using a prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, and style; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
- Licensures and Certifications: None required.
- Education: High school diploma.
Please submit resumes to: