JOB SUMMARY: The Sales Director is responsible for creating and implementing the overall sales and marketing strategy, developing and growing relationships with customers, managing and providing assistance to inside and outside sales representatives, setting sales and marketing quotas and plans, and staying within budgetary requirements.
Key performance objectives in order of priority are:
- Works closely with in-house and third party sales reps to maximize sales and marketing opportunities to grow revenue.
- Recruits, trains and develops the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service teams.
- Establishes policies and procedures within the Sales, Customer Service and Marketing Departments to maximize efficiencies.
- Develops and ensures the successful execution of marketing plans and campaigns with the goal of increasing brand awareness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To successfully meet the performance objectives of the position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates talent base of the sales representatives. Establishes accountabilities and performance objectives, conducts performance evaluations, identifies training needs, initiates professional development opportunities, and recommends effective action plans.
- Provides orientation and on-the-job training for sales representatives and ensures that responsibilities are defined and understood.
- Leads and develops the sales team to support sales strategies and to deliver exceptional, profitable sales growth and results.
- Assists sales representatives with account management, ensuring effective prioritization of accounts, coaching on planning and communication objectives, developing selling strategies, making presentations, and ensuring license feedback is received.
- Supports and coaches sales representatives on identifying new accounts, researching prospects, and networking.
- Improves communication between sales representatives and product development; ensures that sales representatives are aware of new products, and that their customers are aware of the new offerings.
- Manages and revises commission structure for sales representatives as needed.
- Sets annual sales plans and quotas, and develops, monitors, and continuously improves sales processes, policies and procedures.
- Creates and manages cost-effective methods and new strategies that will drive consumers to our B2C and B2B websites, including SEO, SEM and social media.
- Manages contact with stylists, agents and wardrobe people for celebrity seeding of our product.
- Seeks out partnership opportunities that fit with the message and philosophy of our diverse brands.
- Assists in preparing budgets for the sales group and managing expenses to budget.
- Develops and ensures adherence to processes for lead tracking and follow-up, and makes recommendations on sales tracking software.
- Monitors order status, checking in with various departments throughout production, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with product development to generate ideas, and develop what the market and customers want.
- Attends and/or selects sales representatives to staff tradeshows. Ensures all leads generated from an exhibit are properly followed up on.
- Develops strong relationships with key customers and is proactive in understanding the trends and issues likely to impact business development.
- Determines and implements the most appropriate sales market structures to achieve revenue goals, secures new business opportunities and wins customers.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and/or monthly reports of expenditures with analysis of the ROI and subsequent recommendations for review by the President.
- Develops and executes marketing plans and campaigns. Establishes goals for each of our unique apparel and accessories categories in alignment with our business objectives.
- Evaluates and recommends the most effective ways to market our brands based on our target market.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5+ years of proven sales experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience working with multiple departments to implement sales campaigns
- Organizational, leadership and project management skills
- Understanding of financial and statistical concepts such as ROI analysis
- Detailed budgeting and reporting experience
Interested applicants can apply by clicking on the following link: